One of the few distillery which's making everything on their own. From malting to bottling and labelling. And you can feel that the people put their heartblood into their work... the result is one of my favorite whiskys beside the Islay stuff.
I am talking about Springbank, which is producing Springbank, Longrow and Hazelburn Single Malt Whisky. The special thing - and also the big difference between those three whiskys is the following:
- Longrow is distilled 2-times after the malt has been dried 48 hours with peat smoke.
- Springbank is distilled 2.5-times (the faints will be put back to the second distillation step) after the malt has been dried for 6 hours with peat smoke.
- Hazelburn is distilled 3-times and the malt is unpeated.
The storage "computer"
Inside the bottling hall
After the fantastic tour I also had a tasting at the Cadenheads Shop in Campbeltown which made the whole Springbank experience really perfect. good hosts with a great selection of whisky, I felt like a little kid in a toy shop...
- Kilkerran 9 yo., Bourbon Cask
- Springbank 12yo., Calvados Cask
- Longrow 11yo., Roundlets & Kilderkins
- Longrow Peated
- Longrow 9yo., Open Day 2012